Registering using your usual name

In order to improve the reception of students whose civil status change procedures have not been completed, any student has the possibility, upon written request addressed to the establishment, to be appointed to the University of Grenoble Alpes by his usual first name or to see the mention of his sex changed on several documents.

Which documents are concerned?

  • The student card.
  • The registration, call and attendance lists.
  • The minutes of deliberation.
  • The display of exam results.
  • Transcripts.
  • For the elections: the electoral lists, the electoral rolls and the lists of candidates.
Warning : To request a change of your student email address and your login, you must make this request to the SOS student service address :

Education certificates, diploma certificate and diploma, on the other hand, cannot be issued only under the first name of the civil status.

How do I request use of my usual name?

You must make a request for your usual name to be used by filling in and signing the form for this purpose, before sending it to the admissions department of your establishment. Your registration will then be updated.