CAF aids

Subject to certain conditions, the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales awards financial support for accommodation. Come and find out more.


Once the lease agreement has been signed, you can apply for housing support from the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF). Award criteria depend on individual personal circumstances (student income, rent amounts, type of apartment, etc.).

Applications can only be made on the CAF website. Make sure to complete the procedure as soon as possible so you don't miss out on any allowances. Applications are sent directly once they have been approved.

Only the supporting documents need to be sent by mail or electronically. There is no need to visit in person!

It is also possible to simulate the amount of housing support potentially available online.

International students must have lived in France for at least three months to apply for housing support, and also have a lease agreement and a French bank account.

Holders of visas with the statement "dispense temporaire de carte de séjour" are not eligible to apply for housing support.

Supporting documents required may vary from those required from French residents.
  • For more information: Caf

The direct line for students: +33 (0)810 29 29 29*

From Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. , students can receive advice on procedures related to housing support. This phone line is national and pertains to any place of residence.

* Cost of a local call from a landline, excluding any charges from a cell/mobile phone depending on your operator.


Find all of the CAF's reception points in the city for all questions about creating and monitoring your allowance application.

You can also use the free-service CAF terminals available to view your application and print your CAF documents (forms, certificates, etc.).

Published on May 9, 2022