Rights and obligations, what help is available in the event of an issue?

If there is a problem with the owner, there are various associations that can offer information and advice on the rights and obligations of tenants.
Our advice: If your landlord is making life difficult for you, you still need to pay the rent, otherwise you may find yourself in legal trouble.


The Association Départementale d'Information sur le Logement, adil38, provides information on tenant rights and will guide you towards the contacts you need. You can search for your issue online directly by completing your profile and specifying the type of information you want to receive.

The ADIL is also responsible for reporting inadequate accommodation in the city.


Difficult landlords, discrimination... inadequate housing? Organizations exist to help you exercise your rights: