Student status and taxes, everything you need to know

Students also have to pay social security contributions, so find out about your obligations and make sure you don't get any nasty surprises!
  • Tax returns
    Regardless of whether you're making any money, you must complete your tax return every year. Filing your own tax return or appearing on your parents', what's the difference?
  • Taxe d'habitation (housing tax)
    Housing tax is mandatory if you had access to accommodation on 1 January. Remember to plan for it in your budget.
  • The CVEC
    As of fall 2018, students enrolled as traditional students must pay the Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus, or CVEC.